Monday – Osteo
- Bench: 3 x 10 @ 45kg
- Squat: 3 x 10 @ 62.5kg (tough, but much much easier than last week. Not even sore after!)
Wednesday – Rest
- 2 x 3 Square dance
- 2 x Max plank (pretty lame)
- Deadlift: 3 x 10 @ 77.5
Friday – Rest
- AM: 1 hour Flow Yoga
- PM: 30min run/walk – Walking when ankle became unstable, Running up hills (contrary to osteo’s advice. I just can’t help it).
- DB Bench: 3 x 10 @ 13.5kg
- DB Curl: 3 x 10 @ 9kg
- Lying tricep extension: 3 x 10 @ 13.5kg
- DB Lateral raise with pause: 3 x 10 @ 4kg
- KB Long cycle press: 6 min @ 8kg, 10 RPM, change hands every minute. Dead easy
Total training: 4 hours
Nutrition: In the middle of a challenge. It’s interesting 🙂
So Monday’s osteo visit meant my routine was changed up a little. I liked this week’s training – 4 days. It seems balanced…. except for the fact I have not done ANY of my light lifts in several weeks. Naughty, naughty. I hope to rectify that this week, although I am also wanting to add more kettlebell training in… and just generally finding it hard to train for 2 things – powerlifting and kettlebells. Checking over my diary, I can do it. I mean, there are enough hours in the day. But I do like to relax too, and training isn’t relaxing. I also want to add a beastmode type session in once a week… but then it really is getting to be a bit too much. I could do it if I didn’t work or have other stuff to do.
I see so many people that are super fit machines, and can seem to belt out heavy workout after heavy workout. I just can’t do that and I’m not sure why. I used to be able to trash myself quite a bit. I don’t know why I don’t have the energy any more 😦 There was a point where I used to do crossfit followed immediately by an 8km run. Imagine that! There’s no way I’d have the energy for that now. Admittedly, I am much stronger now, so lifting heavier weights does take more out of me. It would be nice to get back to that sort of intense training, but generally I just feel lethargic. I often have to drag myself to the garage to pick up a barbell. Unless I have coffee. But that’s not a daily option.