The week started off perfectly… but you know perfect never lasts…
- 1hr 40min run down Mt D then walk up Glasgow Track. I like this track. It’s vertical. I did go a different way to last time, including taking a path that wasn’t on the map. I thought it was. But then it went onto private property. It does this on the map too, but I thought Hang on, this isn’t England. You can’t just walk through people’s paddocks so I took another path. And after a bit of up and downs, made it to Glasgow Track for a scramble up.
- Bench: 10, 8 @ 47.5kg, 10 @ 42.5kg
- Squat: 3 x 10 @ 60kg
- 2 x slomo mobility plex
- High KB windmill: 3 x 4 @ 16, 20, 20kg
- Deadlift: 2 x 10 @ 50kg
- Narrow grip bench: 2 x 10 @ 27.5kg
- 3 rounds with V:
- Torsonator push press (20, 15, 10 reps)
- Rope slams (til other person finished torsonators)
- Squat jumps (til other person finished sledge hammers)
- Sledge hammer (20, 15, 10 reps)
Thursday – Felt a bit tired, so decided after 3 challenging days, that a rest day was in order
Friday – Woke up with a cough. By lunch was lying on the couch shivering.
Saturday – Death
Sunday – Like Saturday
Total training: 3 hours
Nutrition: Definitive Diet with 2 treat snacks. Lived off ginger lemon tea for a few days.
So annoyed I didn’t get to fit in the rest of my training. Now I could either train almost daily to make up the missed sessions, or simply skip to where I should be up to. I think when I am better I will skip along a bit. My powerlifting program is pretty light at the moment. I was just hoping to ease into it a bit better.
On the upside, it’s been very nice being waited on by the other half. So I don’t mind too much if I don’t get better in a hurry 🙂