My training feeling a little lost at the moment. I wouldn’t really call it training. I’m just fluffing around until the strongman comp, then I will write up my proper program for powerlifting again. I got sick of fluffing around and so have been doing a few double days, and also trashed myself a bit on squats. Then I was so sore and couldn’t move for the rest of the week.
- 2 x slomo mobility-plex
- Clean: 2 x 4 @ 42.5kg (2 x fail on 3rd set – not fast enough)
- Jerk: 3 x 5 @ 37.5kg
- High KB windmills: 3 x 5 @ 12kg, 16kg, 20kg.
- Squat: 4 x 10 @ 60kg omgomgomg This is a moderately light weight for me, but 10 reps is a killer! and 4 sets made me want to curl up and die!
- 3 rounds of 20, 15, 10 reps: OA KB Swing @ 20kg, Mountain climbers, Burpees
- 3 x mobility plex
- DB Chest press: 10 @ 30lb; 10, 10, 5 @ 35lb (failed 6th rep); 8 @ 30lb (failed 9th rep); 10 @ 25lb
- KB Jerk: 4 x 10 @ 16kg
- 40 min walk (not counted towards total)
- 1 hour ‘Flow’ yoga
Sunday – No thanks
Total training: 4 hours
Nutrition: Good, with 3 treat snacks
Slightly disappointed that 3 treats probably results in weight gain for me. I have no scales, so don’t know for sure, but that’s the feeling I get, since that’s always been the case. I was just hoping that somehow it was magically no longer the case.
Wishing there were more than 24 hours in a day. Then I could do 3 sessions every day: Yoga, weights, conditioning.