- 3 x 5 @ 60kg – PB for sets and reps! Yay Yay Yay!
- 2 x Mobility-plex
- Squat: 5, 5, 2, @ 92.5kg (PB for reps and sets!!), 3 @ 87.5kg
- 3 sets:
- DB Bench: 10, 9 @ 40lb, 6 @ 35lb
- DB Bicep curl: 3 x 10 @ 20lb (body english on last set)
- 3 sets:
- Lying Tricep extension: 3 x 10 @ 35lb
- Lateral raise: 3 x 10 @ 12.5lb
Wednesday – Rest
Thursday – Rest
- 1 @ 120kg (failed 2nd rep)
- Failed 120kg again (grr)
- 1 @ 110kg (failed 2nd rep attempt) – Heavy! grrrr
Saturday – Rest
Sunday – Rest
Total training: 3 hours
Nutrition: Natural whole foods with 1 treat day
Training at the start of the week went awesomely. I am so happy with my bench progress, I am sure I’ll hit 65kg at Nationals. Squat is going great too – in fact, I’d go so far as to say I am more excited than terrified on Heavy Squat Day now.
Deadlift is going crappily, but with one week until Nationals, I am not that fussed. I am confident I will be able to grind out a PB.
I did not do any of my light lifts this week and completely skipped core and glute work. I am not one to let life events get in the way of diet or exercise, but one of our cats went missing. Since there is only one week to go, missing a few assistance exercises will not make a difference to competition, and diet has been spot on anyway. I have felt very drained with a busy weekend, including going for a walk at 10pm tonight to try and find our cat, and to put up posters. I have even done a Haruki Murakami and talked to the neighbourhood cats, as well as our other cat, to ask them to tell her to come home straight away if they see her. Call me crazy, but it’s better than doing nothing, right?