- Foam roll & mobility
- Squat: 3 x 5 @ 90kg (PB sets and reps :))
- DB RDL: 10 @ 45lb, 2 x 10 @ 50lb
- 3 x 10 Ring roll outs
- 2 x 2 Lying T twists @ 3kg (back not too happy, so cut short)
- 1 x 1000 Steps, Mt Dandenong – walk up, run down
- 2 sets:
- 2 Big mobility-plex
- 3 Square dance
- Deadlift: 3 @ 112.5kg – too heavy for good back posture; 5, 1 @ 110kg – too heavy, stopped early to avoid rounding back. This is ridiculous, as I can lift heavier than this for multiple reps, and of course in my last week of 3 x 5 it is expected that form will deteriorate. Grr. Didn’t make up the reps I should have – v naughty 😦 😦 First time I have failed a session like that.
- Narrow grip bench: 3 x 5 @ 40kg
Thursday – Day of rest
- Walk around Mt Dandenong including 1000 Steps plus View Track
Saturday – Day of rest
- Walk around Mt Dandenong including View Track – walk up hills, run down hills
- Bench: 5, 5, 4 @ 57.5kg (PB sets and reps 🙂 ; Failed last rep)
- Squat: 3 x 5 @ 50kg
- DB Bench: 2 x 10 @ 14.5kg
- DB Curl: 2 x 10 @ 7.5kg
- Deadlift: 3 x 5 @ 80kg
- Lying tricep extension: 2 x 10 @ 14.5kg
- Lateral raise: 2 x 10 @ 4kg
Total training: 9 hours, incl 19.5km
Nutrition: The Chocolate Diet
Mega training week!! In my bid to regain some cardio fitness, I’ve been hitting the hills hard! Not sure I’m feeling fitter, although I’m happy to report my legs are 100% fine and don’t suffer any soreness, despite my heavy training 🙂
Quite disappointed with deadlifts. I think now my back is feeling great, I am more conscious of good posture, hence I can’t lift as much. It is kind of expected that your form will deteriorate when you go for max lifts. But there was some mental or physical block stopping me doing that. I really hope that I will be able to lift well in the comp. Very happy with squats and bench though, so I hope to get PBs in both of those. One more heavy week to go, but very low volume so next week should be good.
I videoed some of my lifts this week to see what my technique is like and to check if I am hitting correct depth in squats.
Squats on Monday:
Depth: Cutting it fine, but ok for most reps.
Deadlift + Narrow grip bench on Wednesday
Hitched last DL rep. Narrow grip bench better than I thought.
Friday’s walk @ Mt D:
Click here (won’t let me embed grr)