- 8km trail walk (not counted towards total training hours)
- 2 sets:
- 8 Bench to bench plank row @ 4kg (hmm since when did this become easy? Will have to make it harder next time)
- 3 Square dance
- Deadlift: Was supposed to do 3 x 5 @ 117.5kg. This should have been easy for at least a couple of reps, but I could not even get it to budge from the ground. Did I mention last week that I had reiki healing? Actually it wasn’t reiki, but similar. And my back felt 100% perfect. And I think all the power was sucked out of me. It was weird. It was like my right quadratus lumborum (which I tore last year) disappeared from my body.
- Lowered weight and did 3 x 5 @ 110kg – Felt very hard, and like the right erector spinea did all the work. Weird weird weird.
- 2 sets:
- 8 Eccentric single leg glute bridge
- 8 GHR
Wednesday – Rest
- 2 x Big mobility plex
- Squat: 3 x 5 @ 87.5kg – Misread my program, and this is what I am supposed to be lifting next week! So Hopefully I’ll get in the 90s next week instead 🙂
- 3 sets:
- 5 Narrow grip bench @ 40kg
- 8 Forward lean lunge @ 15kg
Friday – 2 x 1000 steps
- 2 x Big Mobility-plex
- Bench: 5, 5, 4 @ 56kg (failed last rep)
- DB Bench 2 x 10 @ 14.5kg
- DB Curl 2 x 10 @ 7.5kg
- Squat 3 x 5 @ 50kg
- Lying tricep ext 2 x 10 @ 14.5kg
- Lateral raise with pause 2 x 10 @ 4kg
- Deadlift 3 x 5 @ 80kg
Sunday – 40 min walk (not counted towards total)
Total training: 6 hours
Nutrition: The Chocolate Diet
Training started off a bit shaky with my back being weird and losing power for deadlifts, but I seemed to redeem myself with super successful squats and bench as expected.
Today my legs are still sore from squat day followed by 1000 Steps. Funny how when you don’t do something for so long (like walk hills and run trails and do lots of steps) that you think your body has the same memory as your brain and it doesn’t hurt, but then you do it and your body is like I’ve never done this in my whole entire life, I’m going to hurt a lot! And you remember never having any muscle soreness in the past from this kind of thing.
The Chocolate Diet is my new method – basically, you eat lots of healthy food – protein & a tonne of vege etc, and every day you have some chocolate! Not a lot. Sometimes good stuff, but not always 😉 Sometimes home made Reece’s peanut butter cups with nice peanut butter and 100% pure cacao, sometimes a good ol’ Whittakers Peanut Slab 🙂
Felt good to get a decent amount of training in this week. Didn’t do any of it in the gym, but I think I will next week when attempting heavy squats 🙂