What a week! I’ve been insanely busy, have managed to fit in some big training sessions and so have also been insanely hungry 🙂
- Deadlift: 5 @ 20kg, 3 x 12 @ 50kg
- Bench: 3 x 8 @ 35kg
- Lat pull down: 8 @ 20, 8 @ 60, 3 x 8 @ 80
- Reverse hyper: 15, 2 x 15 @ 2.5kg
Tuesday – Exhausted + V Busy
- Warm up. 3 rounds:
- 6 Single leg lowers
- 8 1.5 Single leg hip thrusts
- 5 Bench to bench plank row @ 4kg
- KB Jerk: 6 mins @ 12kg, 14 RPM (challenging towards end)
- KB Jerk: 3 mins @ 16kg, 12 RPM
- Warm up: Various animal crawls + lunges
- 4 rounds of 30 sec on, 15 sec rest:
- Dead ball slam @ 9kg
- Deadball overhead carry @ 9kg
- Battle ropes
- X band lateral walks
- Warm up #2 @ gym. 2 rounds:
- 10 Dislocations
- 10 Reverse then forward band walks
- 10 Thoracic rotations
- Barbell glute bridge: 10 @ 31kg, 10 @ 56kg, 3 x 10 @66kg
- Sumo goblet squat: 10 @ bodyweight, 8 @ 25kg, 3 x 8 @ 30kg
- Single leg box squat: 5 @ bodyweight, 3 x 5 @ 17.5kg
- 3 sets:
- 8 Single leg back extension
- 10 TRX hamstring curls
- Renegade row: 5, 6, 7 @ 15kg
- Very very disappointed my glutes were not killing and I had no DOMS after this session.
Friday – Physically tired, mentally drained.
- Bench: 3 x 8 @ 44.5kg
- Forced reps bench: 3 x 3 @ 52.5kg
- DB Bench: 3 x 6 @ 18kg
- 3 sets:
- 6 Lateral raise @ 7.5kg
- 6 Lying tricep extension @ 20.5kg
- Warm up. 2 sets:
- 5 Thoracic rotations
- 10 Ab wheel roll outs
- 15 Clams
- 5 Renegade rows @ 7.5kg
- KB Snatch: 6 mins @ 12kg, 14 RPM
- KB Half snatch: 3 mins @ 16kg, 12 RPM
Total training: 5 hours
Nutrition: Renegade diet with 1 treat night.
Thursday’s and Saturday’s training was 1.5 hours! These 2 mammoth sessions set me up for mammoth hunger and also mammoth fatigue. Now I have 2 free gym memberships, I’m hoping to get in 3 mammoth sessions a week. Although I love training at home (who doesn’t like training in ugg boots?), I tend to get lazy. My warm ups aren’t so great. And my lack of stretching is apparent. When I make the effort to travel somewhere to train, then my warm ups are usually good – I mean, I’ve just travelled somewhere to exercise so I may as well do a lot of it! And my cool downs/stretches are usually awesome – again, I’ve just travelled somewhere so I’m going to make the most of it.
One mammoth session is of course Heavy Bench Day. This can’t be done just anywhere, as I need a spotter on call. But the other mammoth session revolves around rehab, which is basically trashing the hell out of my glutes… and I should ad abs as well. So it can be quite easy for me to make one of the other KB sessions another mammoth session with some killer ab and glute stuff.
I really need to find more ways to trash my abs and glutes. Nothing gets them sore any more. Any ideas?