What a training week! Because of the school holidays, and half my clients being sick, I had hardly any work going on so took the opportunity to get out and about. I tested some new shoes, which are awesome – review to come soon. I only had one day of rest – and that was because I had exercised 10 days in a row and was so buggered instead of training I had a 2 hour nap.
- 17.7km loop at Kinglake. I will not say how slow I was, but walked 6.9km of it.
Was testing my new Inov-8 Roclite 275 GTX shoes. These are GREAT! Review to come soon.
Running next to nothing, and then suddenly doing… ok 3 hours 😮 is not smart. This is how I screwed up my ankle in the first place. Relying on current leg strength and cardio fitness that doesn’t come from running doesn’t work. I limped for 2 days after this. My muscles are relatively strong. My cardio fitness is not too bad. But my tendons are not trained for this specific movement.
- 3 sets:
- 4 Windmills @ 12kg (high), 16kg (high), 2 x 16kg (high+low)
- 10 1.5 Single leg hip thrust
- Bench: 3 x 8 @ 35kg
- Reverse Hyper: 10, 9 @ 2.5kg, 8 @ 5kg, 7 @ 7.5kg, 8 @ 5kg, 9 @ 2.5kg, 10.
- 4 sets:
- Squat: 10 @ 20kg, 6 @ 40kg, 6 @ 50kg, 6 @ 60kg
- One arm row: 15 @ 30lb
- 5 x 10 Deadball slam @ 15kg with 30 sec recovery
Wednesday – Sleep
- AM: 6.7km loop walk at Sassafras (not counted towards total training time)
Testing new shoes again, deliberately through the muddiest mud I know.
- KB Jerk – 5 min @ 12kg, 14 RPM (good, easy)
- KB Jerk – 3 min @ 16kg, 12 RPM (good, easy)
- 2 sets:
- 4 Inchworm to Spiderman
- 10 Hip thrust @ 15kg
- 4 High Windmill @ 16kg, then 20kg
- Reverse hyper: 10, 10 @ 2.5kg, 10 @ 5kg, 10 @ 2.5kg, 10
- Front squat: 10 @ 20kg, 6 @ 40kg, 3 x 6 @ 50kg
- Single leg box squat: 6 @ bodyweight, 3 x 6 @ 16kg
- Bench: 11, 8, 8 @ 43kg
- DB Bench: 5, 6, 7 @ 18kg
- 3 sets:
- 8 Lateral raise @ 7.5kg
- 10 Lying tricep extension @ 18kg
- KB Snatch: 5 min @ 12kg, 14 RPM (easy)
- KB Half snatch: 3 min @ 16kg, 12 RPM
Total: 7 hours.
Nutrition: Renegade Diet with 1 treat night.
Great week. Wish I had this much time to train every week 🙂