I tried some new things this week. I took a yoga class for the first time. It was pretty boring. I didn’t like a few things – well, too many to mention, but an example would be the instructor said to bring our hip bones together, and also to “feel the muscle lengthen from the heel up through the abdomen.” What?? …And I was watching the clock the whole time waiting for it to end.
I also did pilates. I’ve done pilates once before, years ago. I didn’t like it then because it was hard. I didn’t like it this time because it was easy and boring. And also for similar reasons to yoga, for example once the instructor said, “This is not my favourite exercise, and I don’t know what the purpose is…” Huh?? Why do it then? But I’m glad I gave it a go again. It’s good to see my core strength has improved so that it’s no longer hard.
- 1.5 Single leg glute bridge: 3 x 8 @ 12kg
- Dead lift: 3 x 12 @40kg
- KB Jerk: 4 min @ 12kg, 14 RPM
- KB Snatch: 4 min @ 12kg, 14 RPM
- 4 x 400m with 200m walk/stumble recovery.
- Fastest pace: 3:52min/km. Very tough – felt nauseous after the first rep.
- 1 hour yoga (not counted towards weekly exercise total)
- 4 rounds of 30 sec on, 20 sec off:
- Push up
- Deadball overhead rear throw -> broadjump
- Battle ropes
- 2 sets rehab:
- 5 Bench to bench plank row @ 4kg
- 20 Single leg glute bridge
- Bench: 3 x 8 @ 33kg
- KB Jerk: 4 min @ 16kg, 12 RPM (felt nauseous)
- KB Snatch: 1 min @ 16kg, 12 RPM (not great, felt nauseous, so cut short from 4 min to 1 min)
- 1 hour pilates (not counted towards weekly exercise total)
- Bench: 10, 11, 10 @ 42.5kg
- DB Bench: 8, 5, 6 @ 18kg
- Decline bench: 8, 8, 9 @ 35kg
- 3 sets:
- 8 DB Lateral raise @ 7.5kg
- 8 Lying tricep extension @ 18kg
- 2 sets:
- 8 1.5 Single leg hip thrust
- 4 Close grip push up to renegade row @ 7.5kg
- 3 sets:
- 12 Deadlift @ 45kg
- 8 Single leg quarter squat rear foot elevated @ 15kg
Total: 4 hours (not including yoga & pilates).
Nutrition: Renegade diet, with a few treats. OK, a block of chocolate on Sunday – forgot how hungry I get after a heavy bench session.
Looking forward to taking my back rehab to new levels now I have free access to a reverse hyper. Plus a full set of dumbbells and a ton of strongman equipment. Looking forward to getting fitter and stronger than ever 🙂