I’m surprised I managed to get all my important training and more done this week, although not so much rehab, but a good mix of stuff. I broke my caffeine fast on Friday, hence the run on the track. Still only have had the one espresso shot though. I’ve also implemented some nutritional changes, which are surprisingly easy to follow and I have so much energy. With the amount of energy I have, I don’t think I could handle any more caffeine!
- Lungey things superset with single leg glute bridges
- Jerk 7 mins @ 12kg, 14RPM
- Jerk 8 mins @ 8kg, 14 RPM
- Narrow grip bench 3 x 6 @ 36kg
Wednesday – CBF Day
- Glute activation superset with thoracic rotations
- Snatch 7 mins @ 12kg, 14 RPM
- Snatch 8 mins @ 8kg, 14 RPM
- Foam roll
- 4 x 400m flat out with 200m walk/stumble recovery
- Total 4.5km in 38:40 incl 1km(ish) warm up/cool down to track & back. Fastest pace 3:59min/km – probably held for only 3 seconds
- First run in 2 months – Hamstrings and obliques sore the next day!
- Bench 3 x 6 @ 44.5kg
- OA DB Bench 3 x 7(left) and 6 (right) @ 15kg
- Lateral raises 3 x 8 @ 7.5kg
- Lying tricep ext 3 x 8 @ 18kg
- 2 sets:
- 10 Lungey things
- 10 Thoracic rotations
- 10 Slomo mountain climbers
- 3 Square dances
- 10 Dislocations
- Squat 5 @ 20kg, 5 @ 40kg (warm up)
- 3 rounds:
- 5 Squats @ 60kg
- 8 Push ups
- 20m Overhead carry @ 15kg
- Foam roll & roll around on tennis ball for back rehab while being attacked by the cat.
Total training time: 4hrs 30mins
Nutrition: Following Renegade Diet as of Monday. This is like a combo of Leangains IF, Warrior Diet and Carb Backloading. I have SO MUCH energy eating like this. This is the first IF protocol I have been able to intentionally follow where I don’t feel tired. The lack of caffeine could also be playing a part.
Since Friday I’ve also included Acetyl L-Carnitine, alpha lipoic acid and fish oil. This combo keeps me awake at night, even when taken first thing in the morning! It’s kind of like having a coffee, but without the jitteriness and scramble brain. I have got so many business ideas running through my head, blog posts planned, Android apps in the works and workshop ideas. This is INSANE! Too much stuff going on in my head! All good stuff, but TOO MUCH of it! I could probably get by skipping a few nights of sleep …So I will probably half the dosage soon.
Will have to get back into trail running, not just for my sanity, but because of a 12 hour rogaine coming up 🙂 If any orienteering/adventure racer types have any tips, let me know! I’m considering getting some O-gaiters, since my big bushwalking gaiters kept falling down when I ran in them in the last rogaine. Do O-gaiters give plenty of protection? Will they fit over my huuuuuge calves?