Was good to be on track – training well, eating well – until I did something stupid.
- Squat 3 x 8 @ 50kg
- Bench 3 x 8 @ 34.5kg
- Deadlift 3 x 8 @ 50kg
- OA KB Bench 3 x 10 @ 12kg
- DB curls 8 @ 9kg, 2 x 10 @ 7.5kg
- Lying Tricep Ext 3 x 10 @ 14.8kg
Wednesday – Sloth-ness
- Various metabolic stuff.
- Deadlift 3 x 8 @ 77.5kg
- Squat 3 x 8 @ 35kg
- Narrow grip bench 3 x 8 @ 27.5kg
Saturday – 3 hours strongman. Including:
- 1/4 squat to stand plus short walk up to 160kg
- Yoke 135kg 10 metres (PB)
- Log clean & press 40gk x 2. Failed 45 and 42.5kg many times.
- Sandbag over height for reps – 40kg: 3, 9, 7
- Deadlift – Right glute popped on warm up. Couldn’t walk.
- Reverse hyper, various stretches, KB swings, more stretches, hate life.
- Circuit – 5 rounds: Arm over arm rope pull, 10 Med ball throws, 20 Torsonator alternating dynamic presses, 10 Med ball side slams, 50 Med ball slams.
- Glute still hurts. Moving is good. Sitting is bad.
Don’t know how I did it. My form was good, it was just a warm up set and it should not have been an issue. So Sunday I have DOMS from the training, bruises, swollen forearms from the log and a glute that doesn’t work. First thing tomorrow I am booking myself into the physio.
On the up side, it was 6 hours training all up though, so I got in a good amount.