This week felt light because the powerlifting is not heavy yet and I threw in some short metabolic stuff and some light stuff.
- Deadlift 3 x 10 @ 45kg
- DB Bench 3 x 10 @ 10kg (way too light… need to buy more DBs)
- Deadlift 3 x 8 @ 70kg
- Narrow grip bench 3 x 8 @ 25kg
- Squat 3 x 8 @ 30kg (barefoot)
- Bench to bench plank row 2 x 5 @ 4kg
- 8 x 20 sec on, 10 sec off Dead ball slams @ 9kg
- 8 x 20:10 overhead KB swings @ 16kg
- Every minute on the minute do Clean-Squat-Press with 2 KBs. Add one rep per minute. Got up to 7.5 mins with 2 x 12kg
- Did the same thing again in the arvo with 2 x 8kg. Lasted 10 mins.
- Could have done more both times, but stopped before squat depth became compromised.
- OA row 3 x 8 @ 2 x 8kg KB
- Squat 3 x 8 @ 2 x 8kg KB
- Push ups 2 x submax
- Sloth Day
Total 4hrs 10 mins. My usual goal is a minimum of 5 hours. This week was light, but I’m sure I’ll hit it next week.
Food: Carb cycling for 2 weeks. Currently not working as well as it has done in the past. Will continue for one more week before deciding if I should ditch it.
Even though I am super lazy, I have so many things I want to tick off my list:
- Join Bush Search and Rescue – A legit way to go bush bashing without worrying about the logistics – Kinda done, but still have to attend training event. Pity my boss doesn’t give me holiday pay.
- Get Elite II grading in powerlifting – maybe in a year or 2.
- Thanks to Hiking Fiasco Greg, I now have a stupid idea planted in my head. I have been interested in fastpacking for quite some time. I should probably do some training if I want to do 250km but that sort of training interferes with powerlifting. I’m thinking of completely wrecking myself over 2-3 days. Can’t take any longer as my annoying boss won’t budge on the holiday pay thing, and I’d also have to take more food and a tent too, which I couldn’t be bothered with.